About The Hirsch Academy
The Hirsch Academy began in 2005 with one child. One child who longed for successful connections with peers and adults. One child who needed academic and therapeutic support. One child who needed understanding.
Our Philosophy & Approach
The Hirsch Academy’s educational philosophy is rooted in the DIR/Floortime model in which individual differences are understood, supported and celebrated. Our approach is to create an educational and nurturing environment where students feel safe, understood and competent. We believe opportunities are endless for all of our students.
We promote intellectual, social and emotional growth through a variety of contexts and experiences emphasizing communication, self-empowerment, connections and independence. We want our students to love learning, to be problem solvers, and to embrace challenges. Teachers and staff are highly trained in developmental approaches that include social and emotional support, sensory integration, speech and language development, communication accommodations, visual spatial thinking and occupational therapy approaches.
Who We Serve
Students at The Hirsch Academy have sensory, motor and learning differences. This includes Autism, ADHD, and various other developmental differences. Our students demand a deeper understanding than traditional programs can provide, and require innovative and revolutionary approaches to help them learn and communicate.
What We Offer
- Ages 5-14
- Small Class Sizes of 2-6 students
- 2:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Common Core Curriculum + swimming, hiking and individualized content as needed
- Self-Advocate Consultants
- Occupational Therapy Consultations
- DIR/Floortime Therapy Consultations
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Consultations
- Accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, Inc.
- Participate in the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship – SB10